- Developing the Bovine consensus gene set, in collaboration with the Bovine Consensus Gene List Working Group of the Bovine Genome Sequencing Consortium. The consensus gene set should be complete in mid March 2007.
- Developing an Annotation Submission Site, in preparation for community manual gene model annotation to start in mid-March 2007.
- Developing additional tracks for the genome browser.
- Developing an additional genome browser on scaffold coordinates. The current assembly3.1 browser shows assembled chromosomes, but scaffolds are more convenient for gene model annotation.
- Setting up a BLAST server that will allow the blast hits to be viewed on the genome browser in the context of other features.
- Implementing the Chado GMOD database schema.
Our immediate goal is to create tools that will support the community effort in bovine genome annotation and analysis, in collaboration with the Baylor College of Medicine Human Genome Sequencing Center. We are currently working on: